by Kevin Hudoba
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. Smile while you walk, It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence at least 10 minutes daily. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a TIVO. Tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
… 4. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement: My purpose is to ______________ today.”
5. Live with the three E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games, and read more books than you did in 2010.
7. Spend more time with people over age 70 and under age six.
8. Dream more while you are awake.
9. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and less foods manufactured in plants.
10. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, Alaskan Salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
11. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
12. Clear your clutter from your house, car, desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
13. Don’t waste your energy on gossip, past issues, negative thoughts, or things you can’t control. Invest your energy in the positive, present moment.
14. Realize that life is a school and you are there to learn. Problems are part of the curriculum that appear and fade away. The lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
15. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
16. Smile & laugh more.
17. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
18. Life is too short to waste time hurting anyone.
19. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
20. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
21. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil your present.
22. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
23. Burn candles, use nice sheets, and wear fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Forgive everyone everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
29. However good or bad a situation is it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
35. Do the right thing.
36. Call your parents often.
37. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: “I am thankful for_______.” “Today I accomplished _________.”
38. Remember you are blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disneyland and you certainly don’t want a “fast pass.”
40. Add your own #40 and have a great 2012 and a great life.