Rise and shine! Morning time just became your new buddy. Love it or hate it, using the morning hours prior to work may be the key to an effective and healthy way of living. That’s right, early increasing is a common characteristic discovered in lots of Chief executive officers, government officials, and other prominent people. Margaret Thatcher was up every day at 5 a.m.; Frank Lloyd Wright at 4 am and Robert Iger, the Chief Executive Officer of Disney wakes at 4:30 am simply to name a few. I understand exactly what you’re thinking– you do your best work at night. Not so quickly. According to Inc. Publication, morning people have been discovered to be more proactive and more productive. In addition, the wellness benefits for those with a life before work go on and on. Let’s explore 5 of things successful people do before 8 am.
1. Exercise. I’ve stated it before, I’ll state it again. Many people that calculate daily, calculate in the morning. Whether it’s a morning yoga session or a trip to the gym, exercising prior to work offers you a boost of energy for the day and that deserved sense of accomplishment. Anybody can tackle a pile of documents after 200 ab reps! Morning workouts also eliminate the possibility of flaking out on your cardio after a long day at work. Even if you aren’t bright eyed and bushy tailed at the thought of a 5 am jog, try waking up 15 minutes early for a quick bedside set of pushups or stretching. It’ll help wake up your body, and prep you for your day.
2. Map Out Your Day. Maximize your potential by drawing up your schedule for the day, as well as your objectives and to dos. The morning is a good time for this as it is often one of the only quiet times a person gets throughout the day. The early hours foster easier reflection that helps when prioritizing your activities. They also allow for uninterrupted problem solving when trying to fit everything into your timetable. While scheduling, don’t forget about your mental health. Plan a 10 minute break after that difficult meeting for a quick walk around the block or a moment of meditation at your desk. Trying to eat healthy? Schedule a small window in the evening to pack a few nutritious snacks to bring to work the next day.
3. Eat a Healthy Breakfast. We all know that rush out the door with a cup of coffee and an empty stomach feeling. You sit down at your desk, and you’re already wondering how early that taco truck sets up camp outside your office. No good. Take that extra time in the morning to fuel your body for the tasks ahead of it. It will help keep your mind on what’s at hand and not your growling stomach. Not only is breakfast good for your physical wellness, it is likewise a good time to link socially. Even five minutes of talking with your kids or partner while eating a quick bowl of oatmeal can boost your spirits before heading out the door.
4. Visualization. These days we talk about our physical health ad nauseam, but sometimes our mental health gets overlooked. The morning is the perfect time to spend some quiet time inside your mind meditating or visualizing. Take a moment to visualize your day ahead of you, concentrating on the successes you will have. Even simply a minute of visualization and favorable thinking can assist improve your state of mind and outlook on your work load for the day.
5. Make Your Day Top Heavy. We all have that one item on our to do list that we dread. It looms over you all the time (or week) until you finally draw it up and do it after much procrastination. Here’s a simple suggestion to save yourself the anxiety– do that least desirable task on your list. Instead of anticipating the unpleasantness of it from first coffee with your lunch break, get it out of the method. The morning is the time when you are (typically) more well rested and your energy level is up. You are more well equipped to handle more hard jobs. And look at it this way, your day will get progressively much easier, not the other way around. By the time your work day is ending, you’re winding down with easier to dos and heading into your complimentary time more relaxed. Success!